If your machine is only showing a "Lost" or "Off" state when you expect to see production, your Gateway may not be connected to our system. This article will help you identify the root cause and resolution for Gateway related issues.
Diagnosing Gateway Lights
The first step to getting your gateway connected to our system is by examining the lights on the front of the device. The light will help provide guidance on the actions needed to resolve your connectivity issues.
- No Light - Gateway is not powered on.
- Make sure that the power supply cable is securely plugged into the Gateway and a reliable power source.
- If the gateway is still not powered on, try connecting a different power supply that is known to work. If the gateway is now on, there is an issue with the original power supply and it will need to be replaced.
- If your gateway is still not powering on, please email email@example.com with the subject line "Broken Gateway" and include the Gateway's 3 letter code along with the steps you have taken to reach this determination in the body of the message.
- Red Light - Gateway may lack the required reception strength to maintain a connection to our network.
- Please see our article Improving Gateway Reception for help on improving your device's connection.
- Blue Light - Gateway cannot connect to the cellular network
- The gateway may lack the required reception to maintain a connection to our network. Please see our article Improving Gateway Reception for help on improving your device's connection.
- New Cellular Gateways must be activated before they can be used. If the device's light never changes from blue, even in areas known to have strong reception, it may not have been activated. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the device's three letter gateway code and the steps taken to reach this determination in the body of the message.
- If this problem has suddenly arisen and is happening to many of your devices, there may be an issue with our Cellular Provider. Please email email@example.com with the subject "Major Cellular Gateway Outage" to inform us of this situation.
- Green or Yellow Light - Gateway is connected to the cellular network with acceptable strength
Issue Continues to Persist
If you have tried all of the above options but are still unable to resolve your issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Amper Gateway Issues" and include the device name, color of the light, and the steps already taken to resolve the issue in the body of the message.